Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What's in my Beauty Box? July 2013

Recently I've been playing around with my makeup collection/storage, and at the moment I think I'm really liking keeping the majority of my collection tucked away and having a small box on the top of my vanity with my everyday things/products I'm trying to use more. So I keep that, along with two jars with brushes and my mirror, at constant reach for easy access. I figured updates on what I have in my "beauty box" would be something interesting, as they are things I am consistently using and changing.

Mirror: Kohl's
Acrylic 3 drawer box: Amazon
Brush jars: Dollar Tree
Clockwise from top left: Elf Eyebrow kit, Bobbi Brown Corrector,
Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara, Maybelline Cover Stick,
Wet n' Wild Brow Pencil, Rimmel Stay Matte Poweder,
COVERGIRL Aqua Smooth Makeup, Rimmel Powder Blush
 The top drawer is face products. After vacationing and spending a few hours poolside, my skin is a few shades darker. The only thing that I have that matches me right now is my COVERGIRL Aqua Smooth Makeup in Soft Honey, which is a cream foundation that I've been really liking. I also fill in my eyebrows with the Elf Eyebrow Kit, which I like when I'm going for something more subtle. Other than that, nothing has really changed from my Everyday Makeup Look post I did back in June.

Clockwise from 9 o'clockish: Avon Celestial Eyeshadow, Maybelline
Color Tattoo, Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, COVERGIRL
French Vanilla eyeshadow, Maybelline The Mega Plush
mascara, Elf Eyelid Primer, MAKE UP FOREVER Aqua Eyes,
Rimmel Scandaleyes, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil, Rimmel Scandaleyes
 Eyeshadow pencil.
The second drawer is my current eye products. I've been trying out the Elf Eyelid Primer in Sheer, and I really like that. Then I go in with a base, and lately I've been using Barely Branded from the Maybelline Color Tattoo line, or a jumbo eye pencil from NYX (Yogurt) or Rimmel (Bulletproof Beige). If I don't utizlie my favorite UD Naked Basics palette, I lightly set my base with Avon's Moon Sand eye shadow or COVERGIRL's French Vanilla, just so the eye pencil doesn't crease. I use the same eyeliners as always, a nude from Rimmel and a black from MAKE UP FOR EVER, and then finish off with my current mascara: Maybelline The Mega Plush. 

Clockwise from top left: Maybelline Baby Lips, L'Oreal Colour
Riche Balm, L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick, Revlon Lip Butters,
MAC Lipstick, Nivea A Kiss of Shine, Bath and Body Works
lip gloss, MAC Cremesheen Glass, NYX Mega Shine Lip glosses.
Drawer three: lips. Lately, I've been going for natural, glossy, or sheer colors rather than something bright and bold. If I feel like going on the red side of things, I use my Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me and if I prefer coral, either the Baby Lips in Coral Crush, L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Sunset Angora, or the Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya. For a standard pink, I go for the Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade, the L'Oreal Balm in Rose Elixir, the NYX Mega Shine in Beige, or the Nivea A Kiss of Shine .The NYX Mega Shine in Sugar Pie and the MAC Cremesheen Glass in Just Superb are used for a simple nude, and the Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel (I understand it's not Christmastime) is for days where I just want a bit of shine, but no color. 

So far, I've really been liking my beauty box. These drawers are the same ones from The Container Store, which are notorious for makeup storage. I went ahead and purchased them on Amazon, and I'll link the page here. The price tends to fluxuate, as well as if they are available for Amazon Prime or not, but they are usually somewhere between $14-19. I highly recommend looking into it if you need makeup storage!

What do you use to store your makeup?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment