Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Strawberry: Review and Swatches!

While digging through my makeup stash, I came across this Revlon Colorbust lip gloss in Strawberry which I was once obsessed with, but haven't given much attention in the past few months. I picked this up one day at Walmart after hearing a particularly large amount of rave reviews on the Revlon lip glosses (and just lip products in general!).




The color of this amazing. It's a bright, true hot pink with a subtle pinky-silver shimmer. Perfect for summer! The formulation itself is perfect: smooth, non-sticky, and completely opaque! What you see in the tube is what you get on the lips, which is really rare for a lip gloss, especially one from the drugstore.



The packaging is pretty standard. Long, thin, squared plastic tube and a black cap with a quilted design (which is a feature in all of the Revlon Colorburst packaging). The brush is kind of odd though. Instead of a traditional, doe-foot applicator, it's completely flat on both sides. It doesn't really bother me, but I know it's sort of a love-hate with many lip gloss lovers.

The gloss itself doesn't really taste of anything but smells like a creamy vanilla. Vanilla is one of my favorite scents/flavors and I love when lip products smell like it.

And now for a swatch!

(One quick swipe of gloss)

If you're in the market for a new lip gloss, I highly recommend this one! I look forward to trying the rest of the line (especially the red ones if they're as opaque as this!) as there are some beautiful colors (I'm lusting after the peachy-coral called Papaya). These retail for $7-9 depending on the store and are available wherever Revlon products are sold.

Do you prefer opaque or sheer glosses?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment