Wednesday, July 31, 2013

NYX Round Lipstick in Strawberry Milk: Review and Swatches

Lipstick is something that the drugstore does pretty well with, in my opinion at least. Today I have to share with you all my NYX Lipstick in Strawberry Milk, a pretty pale pink with a sheen.


In terms of packaging, it's standard. I like how you can see the actual color at the bottom though. It makes it easier when picking it out in store and if you own multiples and are looking for a specific one.



The color is very Barbie: a pale, bright pink with a sheen. I like when lipsticks have a slight sheen (not a glitter or frost, but a sheen or a glossiness). I'm not a huge fan of a super matte lips or super shimmery lips, so a slightly glimmery gloss or a sheen-y lipstick is right up my alley.

I will say that even though it has the effect I like in terms of finish, I always have to wear something on top of this. Always. Extremely cool-toned pinks just don't look flattering on my lips (they look okay on my cheeks though?). When I picked this out, I didn't realize how intense and cool the color is. However, this looks INCREDIBLE with NYX's Mega Shine gloss in Beige over it. The bright, warmness of Beige counteracts the pastel-esque cool tones of Strawberry Milk and look really nice.

This was hard to photograph. The camera kept
picking up the sheen and not the actual color.
In person, it is not as frosty and a tad darker. 
If you're looking for a new lipstick, I would recommend the NYX Round Lipstick line. The formulation was smooth and moisturizing and didn't bleed around my mouth. You can find NYX products at Ulta and select Target stores, and the lipsticks generally retail for $4-6.

Do you like warm or cool tones?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment