Sunday, July 7, 2013

Repurchase: Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

While going through my every day face routine, I reached for my trusty Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller to find that mine was on its last leg. Knowing that I'm leaving for vacation soon, I knew I had to go and repurchase it before I left.


95% of women in the beauty community say that they suffer from horrible under-eye circles from lack of sleep. Well, ladies, try having genetically dark circles in combination with lack of sleep. Awful right? Welcome to my world! Add in the fact that my under-eye area is very dry and you can imagine how hard it is for me to find an under-eye concealer that works for me. 



One of my favorite YouTube beauty gurus, Amarixe, had mentioned a version of this in one of her monthly favorites videos a while back (I can't remember if she used a tinted one or just the eye serum one). I'm pretty much on the same page with the products Allison likes, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I hate using anything too thick or dry under my eyes, opting instead for a light/creamy/liquid-y concealer that feels light and has good coverage. 



This product comes with a roll-on applicator that's cooling and dispenses product evenly. The cap tends to get quite messy (at least it did on my first one!) but other than that I love the packaging. The concealer is mixed with an anti-dark-circle/redness/puffiness serum made with caffeine, lemon essence, and mineral pigments, so it corrects as well as conceals. The caffeinated gel in combination with the rollerball energizes and stimulates the area, the lemon essence brightens, and the mineral pigments corrects the circles. They recommend putting this product in the fridge for a satisfying, cooling effect, but I think it works fine as is!


This product is more on the sheer side and is definitely very light compared to other concealers on the market. Though most people don't prefer light concealers, it's perfect for under the eyes as it doesn't cake and is less prone to causing wrinkles! It blends in effortlessly and although I thought the color was going to be too light for me, it really seems to work nicely and blends in when my skin color fluctuates in the summer. 

I highly, highly recommend this! You can pick this up wherever Garnier products are sold and you'll find it with their skincare line. It retails for $12-15, which is pretty hefty for a drugstore product but definitely worth it in my eyes (it also lasted me well over a year!) as you're getting a great concealer and dark circle/redness/puffiness serum as well. It comes in a Sheer-Light tint (which is what I have) and then a Medium-Dark tint which I haven't tried. They also sell one that is just the serum and gives off no color, which I also haven't tried (but I'm dying to!) which comes in a green packaging. 

What is your favorite under-eye concealer?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment