Wednesday, July 3, 2013

NYX Eye Shadow in Golden Amber: Review and Swatches!

While browsing the NYX department of my local Ulta, I realized I had never tried their line of single eye shadows that have received a lot of love throughout the beauty community. I decided to pick one up, choosing this one in Golden Amber.

First off, the formulation of this is beautiful. It's very pigmented, buttery, and doesn't crumble. It's very reminiscent of the MAC formulation. However, this is NOT a "golden amber" color at all. NYX has been known to veer off track while naming some of their products (their lip gloss in Beige is NOT beige). But getting past the misleading name, the color isn't really anything special. It's a pretty, warm medium brown color with a slight gold glitter to it. I chose it because it would be versatile. It could go on the lid, in the crease, or smudged on the upper and lower lash line for subtle definition. While it's a pretty color, it isn't anything particularly unique and definitely not something worth running out  and searching for. 



The compact of this product is ideal for me: small, durable, and not a ton of excess packaging. Great for traveling! I also like that it as a clear top so you can see the actual product--very useful if you have a few of these in your makeup bag! Aside from casing, the pyramid design of the powder also really sucks me in. Little details like that make me really happy for some reason. 

And now for swatches!


If you're just starting to build up your eye shadow collection, I think this is a pretty, stable color. But if you have a ton of eye shadows, skip it! There are definitely a million dupes for it out there. These eye shadows are available wherever NYX Cosmetics is sold (check out your Ulta!) and retail for roughtly $5 each. 

Have you tried the NYX single shadows?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment