Monday, July 22, 2013

Skincare Staple: Clinique All About Eyes

My grandmother used to shop at Clinique and Este Lauder counters quite frequently and would often accumulate samples she never used that were eventually passed along to me. About two years ago, she gave me a deluxe sample of Clinique's All About Eyes eye cream, and I made that sample last over six months before giving up and purchasing the full sized product.



This was my first time purchasing high-end skincare. I was an avid believer in drugstore-only when it came to my daily routine. Because they're used every single day, skincare is something gone through very quickly. Why shell out $25+ for the high-end stuff then? Well, I've learned that sometimes, it does make a difference.


 I've said it before: I have awful, genetically dark under eye circles. Add in the fact that I am seriously sleep deprived, and it's a bad combination. I generally always keep an out out for products to help me correct this, and this hits the mark spot on.

I only use this in the morning, as this product is marketed to help tired, puffy eyes. It really delivers what it promises. There must be magic fairy dust in this formula because somehow it manages to almost completely eliminate my dark circles to a faint shadow that is easily covered with a light concealer. The only times I find myself dealing with puffiness are after I cry and during allergy season, and this works really well for that, also.


The color looks yellowish-cream in the pot, but the second it gets on the skin it becomes transparent. The controversial aspect of this product is that it's definitely on the thicker side. Consistency of eye creams is completely up to person preference. I happen to like mine more on the thicker side, as I find they are much more moisturizing and have better skin-perfecting properties. 

You can buy this at Clinique counters (check out your local Macy's) or Sephora stores/Sephora online. It retails for $30 for .5oz or $50 for 1oz. Not the priciest, but not the cheapest either. If you struggle with dark under eye circles, I highly recommend this. It's definitely one of my favorite products in my beauty cabinet right now. 

Do you go drugstore or high-end for your skincare?
xoxo
Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment