Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Body Shop Body Butter Duo: Review!

From the first time I saw The Body Shop's body butters in my local Ulta, I was smitten. I lusted after the strawberry and mango scents, giving them a nice big whiff every time I passed them on my way to check out the nail polish.

The one teensy factor that kept me from putting one in my shopping cart? The price tag. These babies are priced at a whopping $19, which to some of you probably isn't a lot, but for someone who generally sticks to drugstore options for body products, it's enough to make me put it down and walk away. I've heard that they go on major sales in actual The Body Shop stores, but unfortunately none of those are close by! So, obviously, you can imagine my excitement when I saw this little guy sitting in the beauty department of TJ Maxx.


Although it's not the regular strawberry or mango ones that I had been eyeing, it was discounted to $5.99 and that was enough for me to bring it to the cash register. I was excited to not only try the regular body butter that everyone raves about, but also get to try the dry skin area version. Not to mention that vanilla is probably my all time favorite scent. It was practically meant to be. 

Top: Dry Skin
Button: Regular 

I love how this product is set up in ying and yang fashion, with a plastic divider separating the two products. It's really useful because the different creams don't mix together. The rest of the packaging is just a round, plastic container with a screw on/off lid. I really like it! It's durable and convenient, and doesn't take up too much space. 


In terms of actual product, I really like both sides of this duo, although it's not the best body cream I've ever used. The regular side is thin and creamy, but feels good and seems to do a pretty decent job at moisturizing my skin. The dry area side is much thicker, but I wouldn't say it does anything much different than the normal side. I'll use both sides up, but I won't be particular with which side I'm using. 

Top: Dry Area
Bottom: Regular

The one thing I'm not a fan of, surprisingly is the smell. I absolutely adore the smell of vanilla, and at quick whiff this product smells delicious. But when you inhale deeply, it gives off a smell reminiscent of baby wipes. Because of this, I kind of get turned off of using this as an all over body moisturizer, opting instead for using it as a quick hand cream while sitting at my desk doing homework. I do like it, it's just not the best product in my beauty stash. 

These body butters retail anywhere from $16-20 and are available wherever The Body Shop is sold (Ulta and freestanding stores are probably the best bet). These are also frequently at TJ Maxx for roughly $6 if you find them. If you're in the market for a new body moisturizer and love one of the scents The Body Shop offers, I recommend these! If you're just looking for a super-moisturizing body product, there are definitely better options with better price tags from the drugstore. 

Which scent from The Body Shop is your favorite?
xoxo
Alyssa



No comments:

Post a Comment