Monday, July 8, 2013

Bobbi Brown Mauve Face Palette: Review and Swatches!

While going through my makeup collection, I found this Bobbi Brown Mauve Face Palette sitting in the back of one of my drawers. I love Bobbi Brown products and the palette looked like a nice, neutral everyday look, so I figured I'd give it some love.


The product is packaged in typical Bobbi Brown fashion: heavy duty, black plastic casing with the logo embossed in white lettering. I happen to really like it! Brightly packaged cosmetic lines (think Benefit, Urban Decay, or Too Faced) are really fun and exciting, but sometimes it's nice to see something simple and classy. 


The palette comes with three eye shadows, a power blush, and three lip colors. The color scheme is lovely for everyday--neutral eye shadows, a simple blush, and darker lip colors. It would be perfect for a women in a professional field. 

Top: Vintage
Bottom: Chocolate Mauve

The formulation of the eye shadows is lovely. The top, cream colored one (called Navajo) unfortunately was impossible to swatch. On the skin, it appeared to have absolutely no pigmentation but when applied with a brush to the brow-bone or inner corner, it had such an amazing brightening effect it was unbelievable. The middle one is Vintage, which is light, satin-finish brown color that is very reminiscent of Omega from MAC: perfect for an all over lid color or natural definition in the crease. The last and darkest one, Chocolate Mauve, is a gorgeous shimmery dark brown that I've used to deepen up a look as well as eyeliner on the upper and lower lash lines. 

Mauve blush

The blush that comes in the palette is called Mauve. It's a beautiful, slightly shimmery, dusty rose powder. The swatch above is quite heavy, but not due to lack of pigmentation but because I wanted the color to be more vibrant. On the cheeks, it looks very natural and blends in really well. I think this would work with a variety of skin tones. 

Top: Dusty Mauve
Middle: Mauve
Bottom: Vintage Mauve

The last section is lip colors. The palette contains three different ones in a variety of formulations: a creamy lip color (Dusty Mauve), a lip sheer (Mauve) and a lip color (Vintage Mauve). Dusty Mauve is a true, natural  nude color. Mauve is a frosty, sheer pink. Vintage Mauve is a darker rosy-brown that reminds me of MAC Syrup lipstick. All three formulations are lovely and pair nicely with the blush and eye shadows.

All in all, I really like this palette. It seems perfect for a weekend getaway or an over-nighter, but I think I may be putting it away until the Autumn. While it is a neutral palette, the colors just seem like something I would wear more in the Fall time!

I'm not sure if this exact palette is still available, but after doing a bit of research, I found that all of the colors are for sale individually. My favorite products are the blush, the Navajo eye shadow (the brightness it gives to the inner corner is truly amazing) and the Mauve lip sheer, but I really do like everything!

Have you tried anything from Bobbi Brown?
xoxo
Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment