Friday, July 26, 2013

Wet n' Wild Blush in Heather Silk: Review and Swatches

I've said before that Wet n' Wild has made a huge comeback in the recent years in terms of quality. 9/10 times that I read a review on something from this brand, it's positive. Their products really don't retail over five or six dollars, so they are great for someone on a budget. Alongside the eye shadow trios and palettes, their blush line is highly raved about, and I can confidently say that it is one of my favorites.


In terms of packaging, it's standard. Like a majority of the packaging of drugstore makeup, there is a lot of  packaging due to the compartment for the flimsy, cheap brush. This brush in particular actually isn't horrible, but I'd much rather have more product, less packaging, and no flimsy applicator. But onto the product itself.


The color is awesome: a bright, berry-toned pink that is completely matte. The formulation is smooth, very pigmented (like, just slightly dab your brush in pigmented) and velvety. It doesn't crumble, which is a rare find for a drugstore blush. There is also a cute, swirled design in the powder. Designs embossed in powders make my heart swell, so this definitely won some points in that aspect.


All in all, I really like it! The Wet n' Wild and Elf brands are my go-to for cheaper blushes, and this one certainly did not disappoint. There are three or four other colors in the line, I believe, and the cheapest I've seen them has been $2.69 (Target, Walmart, The Christmas Tree Shop) and the highest three dollars and change (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid). If you're in the market for a new blush, I recommend the them. 

What color blush is your favorite to wear?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment