Monday, July 15, 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes Liner in Nude: Review and Swatches!

The beauty community always goes abuzz when another perfectly-formulated nude eyeliner pencil hits the market, and the reason is quite simple: nude liners are the ultimate product for making eyes look bigger while looking natural. White eyeliner is much more common but at the same time much more harsh, which is why many tend to shy away from it. Nude liners came about for that purpose, but are hard to find, high-end or drugstore. Pencils formulated for the waterline have to be creamy, pigmented upon an easy swipe, and smudge free, which is a lot to ask for. While brands like Make Up For Ever and NARS have perfected the nude eyeliner pencil, it seemed like the drugstore never would. And then Rimmel worked their magic.



This line of Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal eyeliner pencils was released in the UK a few months before they were available in the States, and I was drooling as I read reviews from British bloggers. The nude was on the top of my list, followed closely by the taupe (which is actually always sold out!). I read one review saying that these were exact dupes of the NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliners, which sold me on the product before it was even available. The NARS versions are priced at a hefty $24 and knowing Rimmel, I knew the cheaper alternative wouldn't be over $5. 


I can't rave about this enough. It's creamy, pigmented, and glides on, and hasn't transferred under my eyes at all. When I tried smudging the swatch on my hand, it wouldn't budge. I might have squealed in excitement. The color is perfect: not too light, not too dark, not too white, not too tan. The perfect peachy-beige. 


The swatch above is one layer, and I didn't press to hard for the color to appear, which is a must-have for any liner, but especially for something that is intended for the waterline. The eye is such a sensitive area, and you shouldn't use any products that are going to tug at it.

Obviously, I highly recommend these. I can't wait to get my hands on more of them: they may be my new favorite eyeliners in my collection (yes, topping the Make Up For Ever one)! These eyeliners are available wherever Rimmel is sold (I found mine at Walgreens) and retail for $3-4 (more than 5 times less than the NARS alternative). 

Do you like wearing nude eyeliner on your waterline?
xoxo
Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment