Saturday, July 27, 2013

Bare Minerals I.D. Loose Shadow in 1990's: Review and Swatches

In my Beauty Box post a few days ago, I mentioned that I've been playing around with my makeup storage. Because I've been switching things so frequently and moving around my collection, I've come across a few products that I've kind of forgotten about. This Bare Minerals I.D. loose eye shadow in 1990's, which I had received as a gift, tossed into my drawer, and never noticed it in the dark abyss that is my makeup collection.


I've never been one for mineral makeup. Bare Minerals is notorious for incredible-quality mineral products, but I just don't gravitate towards any of it. When I found this eye shadow, however, I put it aside to give it a whirl...juuust to see what all the hype was about.


The packaging for loose pigments in always the same: round, screw-off lid and a sifter to control the amount of product accessible at a time. The color really astonishes me though. At first glance, it appeared to be a black or a dark gray with a sheen (probably why it was just thrown with the rest of the heap), but upon closer inspection, it's a dark, aubergine-esque purple with a fine, holographic shimmer. It's very unique to my collection! The formulation is actually the same as the Elf mineral eye shadows (lovely and pigmented) which I do like very much. While it's too dark for my every day taste, I really like taking this on a small, angled brush and smudging it on my upper lash line as eyeliner, or even in the outer third of my lower lash line. The purple brightens/defines my eyes and the holographic shimmer adds a bit of flare. It looks amazing!


If you're into mineral or loose shadows, you'd probably really like this! Loose pigments aren't my favorite, but I do love the ones I own. This line retails for $14 each and can be found wherever Bare Minerals products are sold (Sephora and Ulta). 

Do you like dark or light eye shadows?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment