Thursday, July 25, 2013

Haul: Beauty + Jewelry

I went out shopping with my mom the past two days (really, we go shopping at least 3 days in a week) and was so excited about my purchases (I'm always excited) that I figured I would share them. I went to Target yesterday and then to The Christmas Tree Shop and Icing today, and found some pretty great deals.


As you can see, a little makeup, a bit of miscellaneous beauty, and a dash of jewelry. I love shopping for makeup and jewelry the most (clothes and nail polish are close seconds, however), so I'm particularly smitten over these goodies.


First place: Target. I ran in with the intention of coming out with just a new powder--my everyday one is running dangerously low--but as usual was sucked in to more than I had intended. I was able to repurchase my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte in translucent, which is one of my favorite makeup products, ever. In the winter, fall, and spring, I tend to use colored powders, but with my tan fluctuating so often in the summer, translucent is just so much easier. After having read rave reviews on Elf's Translucent Mattifying Powder, I was really curious. I've been looking for a new powder to keep in my handbag for touch-ups, as the Rimmel one doesn't have a compartment for a brush or a mirror (the one downside). I picked up a package of Target-brand blending sponges. I've been using a different foundation (COVERGIRL Aqua Smooth--review on that later) that works best with these flat, sponge-type applicators, so I wanted a few more to rotate out o while I washed the used ones. In my review on the Nivea Lip Butters, I said that I was searching for the Caramel Cream Kiss flavor, and pounced when I saw it on the top of the display box (and it was on sale!). While roaming the hair care isles trying to find my mom, I landed on bins from Goody that were 2 for $5, and picked out a new wide-tooth comb to use for my wet hair (mine is getting old and ratty) and a package of bobby pins in a plastic container to keep in my handbag.


Today, I found myself in the beauty department of The Christmas Tree Shop (how on Earth did I get there?). Surprisingly, I only walked out with two new purchases from two of the most affordable brands on the market! I love my Elf Eyebrow Kit, but Target only stocks the color Medium. I have very dark brown hair and eyebrows to match, and while I worked hard to make Medium work for me, I knew it would be preferable to repurchase it in Dark. Also, Wet n' Wild blushes are lovely, so I picked up Heather Silk, a gorgeous, bright, berry-toned pink that's matte. For $2.69, I figured "hey, why not?"


I haven't shopped at Icing in a while, and I had forgotten how much I loved their merchandise! Icing is the older, more sophisticated version of Claire's (they are owned by the same company) and the jewelry is right up my ally. While they do stay updated with the latest trends, they always keep things simple, elegant, and timeless. I walked in and my eyes found this silver bangle that spells "love." I've drooled over bracelets like this while shopping on Etsy, and was shocked that this one retailed for less than other, cheaper looking jewelry in the stop (it was $6.50 and I had a 20% off coupon). My mom gravitated towards a rack that said "Red-Line Clearance! $2!" and while I wanted to grab everything ($2 for nice jewelry?!) I picked out a silver ear cuff with a small rhinestone and a long, antique-gold charm necklace. The necklace isn't something I would typically pick out, but it has a girly/vintage vibe that I really like. I've also been really into longer necklaces and this is unlike anything else in my collection.

That's the end of this haul, but I'm sure I will be acquiring some new goodies in the near future ;) Make sure to look out for separate reviews on all of these beauty products, as they will be posted in the near future.

What's stores do you like to shop in?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment