Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Have-to-Have: Maybelline The Mega Plush Mascara

I love mascara, but I can't have multiples on hand without that little voice in the back of my head yelling at me telling me product was going to go to waste. While I know you're supposed to toss them after three months, I just can't do it when I know there's still stuff in the tube. I've gotten really good about only have one (sometimes two, but not often) in my collection at a time, so I can use it well and toss it three or four months later guilt-free and knowing I got my money's worth.


My new favorite is Maybelline's The Mega Plush Volume Express. This mascara had very mixed reviews last summer, seeming to be a you-love-it-or-you-hate-it kind of product, which made me really want to try it. I jumped on the bandwagon pretty late, but the second I tried this, I was smitten.

Maybelline's packaging is always very loud, and while it's really fun and bold, I do prefer something more classic and sleek. The brush is big with plastic bristles, which really helps coat the lashes and separate them, giving them a perfect, defined and natural look.


The formulation is very wet, like most mascaras from the brand, and like I said before it gives the most lovely natural look. It's perfect if you like mascaras that give you the your-lashes-but-better look (which I do!). The color I picked was Blackest Black, which is a true, jet black. I do hate now Maybelline has 27 different "black mascara" colors  (which isn't the fault of the product in discussion, just the company).

If you like natural mascaras with wet formulations, this mascara will probably be a winner in your book! If you prefer bolder lashes and a formulation more on the dry side, I would skip it. It retails for $6-8 depending on where you purchase it and is available wherever Maybelline is sold.

Do you like bold or natural lashes?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment