Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fab Find: Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

I stumbled across this little guy while searching in the clearance section of the beauty isle in my local grocery store. On sale for $2.99, I decided to give it a try since it reminded me a bit of Lush's Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter, which was a product on my radar the next time I found myself in a Lush store.

"Give your cuticles some TLC. Specially formulated, this buttery cream taps Sweet Almond Oil and Cocoa Seed Butter to moisturize and soften your cuticles while Vitamin E and Sunflower Oil nourish brittle nails. Feel pampered and polished from tips to toes."

The formulation of this isn't at all a thin cream, but more of a thick, balmy skin salve. It comes off easily on your finger and melts into the skin when you rub it into your cuticles. It comes off a little oily when first applied, but that feeling is swept away in a minute or two after it absorbs into your cuticles. 



In the pan, the product looks like a light, pastel yellow, but on the skin it's completely translucent. The packaging itself is nice: a small, round, tin container with a removable lid that slides firmly over the product. No worries about it falling off! I keep this on my desk, but it's perfect handbag size. 




The scent of this is lovely. It's light, fresh, and just very pleasant. Often lemon scents can smell artificial, but this one is just right. Lemon Oil is known for cutting through oils and dirt, leaving the skin softer and smoother than before.

If you're in the market for a cuticle cream, I highly recommend this! Despite finding this on clearance in my grocery store, after doing a bit of research I found that it is still available wherever Burt's Bees is sold (my grocery store had just cut down their beauty department) and retails for $6. If you can't find it in store, it's available online on the Burt's Bees website.

Have you tried any skincare from Burt's Bees?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment