Thursday, July 11, 2013

Arbonne Lip Liner in Ginger: Review and Swatches!

I had actually never heard of Arbonne until my brother's girlfriend handed me a catalog (she sells the cosmetic brand on the side of teaching English). She's not a big makeup wearer, but she knows I'm into the beauty world, so she keeps me posted on her parties and new products, and throws me a freebie now and then.


Lip Liner has never been something I went out of my way to pick up, especially considering that I don't tend to gravitate towards bright lip colors. The color of this attracted me though, as it's a subtle, natural pink that matches many of the lipsticks in my collection. 


The packaging is standard: dark, gunmetal gray with a metallic-y finish and the liner itself is retractable (which I love for lip products). Like I said before, the color, Ginger, is a natural pink, a shade darker (and a teensy bit browner) than the average pink lip. I really like it! The first few times I used this, I paired it under the Revlon Lip Butter in Sweetheart. I loved how the liner toned down the bright pink color! Lately, I've been pairing it with MAC's lipstick in Syrup and my MAC Cremesheen Glass in Just Superb for my perfect everyday lip combination. 



Since I'm not a big lip liner person, I can't compare the formulation to others, but I do know I really like it. It's not drying, it glides on, and it's decently pigmented. I would buy more of these!

Arbonne's lip liners retail for $23 and are available through Arbonne's website. If you wear lip liners often enough to splurge on an expensive one, I recommend this! There are 5 other colors in the range, ranging from natural pinks to reds to darker browns: there's something for everyone. 

Do you often skip lip liner?
xoxo
Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment