Friday, July 19, 2013

Nivea Lip Butters: Review

A few months ago, the online beauty community went absolutely nuts over the release of Nivea's Lip Butters. Nivea in general make amazing lip balms, and when I first heard people raving about these, I knew I had to have some. I'm a definite lip balm junkie, so I'm always up for trying out the latest and greatest. I looked for these at a few different places and finally snagged my first one (the vanilla one) at Target, and a week later found the second (raspberry) one at CVS. 


The flavors I have are Vanilla and Macadamia Kiss and Raspberry Rose Kiss. I found the vanilla one to be my favorit as it smells deliciously like cake and vanilla is my favorite scent (so I'm a little biased). Nivea also doesn't make a scent as warm and delicious as this one, where I found the Raspberry Rose flavor to be very similar to the Nivea A Kiss of Berry Swirl--which isn't a bad thing by any means. 

As for formulation, these are wonderful: smooth and thin but very moisturizing, which is something you don't see too often. Some lip balms moisturize for the first few minutes but after that do nothing, but that's not the case with these. I could apply one of these and not have to reapply for a couple of hours. Lovely!


The packing is standard for pot lip balms: round with tin casing and lids that come completely off. I like pot lip balms for home usage, but I don't normally carry them out, as I hate sticking my fingers in the product when I'm not sure how dirty they are. It's just not sanitary for me. I typically carry stick chapsticks around in my bag (A Kiss of Milk and Honey from Nivea is my all time favorite if you're looking for a good one). 

If you're looking for a lip balm, I most definitely recommend these! They retail for around $3-4 and are available with Nivea's skincare line wherever the brand is sold (Target, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid...). The other two flavors are an unscented one (called Soft Kiss, I believe) and Caramel Cream Kiss. I plan on picking these up as soon as I see them!

Which do you prefer: pot or stick lip balm?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment