Thursday, August 22, 2013

Transitioning: Summer to Fall!

I find the transitioning period (the time smack in between seasons) the hardest to figure out in terms of...well, everything actually. Clothes, makeup, nail polish. I never know whether to lean more on the side of the cooler seasons or the warmer seasons. So today I'm back to share with you some of my favorite cosmetic products that can bring you from the light, airiness of Summer to the deeper, golden tones of Fall.



First up, eye products. The Naked Palette by Urban Decay is something a ton of people already own, and I think it's great all year round. You can use the lighter colors in the warmer months and use the darker ones for the colder ones. For Fall specifically, I would use Sin all over the lid/as a highlight, Half Baked a bit on the center of the eye, and darken things up with Smog or Hustle in the very out corner or in the crease. Then I would finish off with Toasted on the lower lashline, and BAM! An easy look for the between-season. For a cream base underneath, try Maybelline's Color Tattoos in Bad to the Bronze (a cool toned, shimmery bronze) or Bold Gold (a shimmery, antiqued gold). Also from Maybelline, the Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Eggplant is great. It's a deep purple, so it brings in some Summer color while being deep enough to be appropriate for the Fall time.


Next, face. Personally, I like looking a bit bronzed as much as I can, but  too-dark complexion just looks unnatural. The Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze adds a nice touch of color without being too noticeable. For blush, I've been OBSESSED with the NYX Powder Blush in Mocha. It's a lovely, natural matte pink with a slight berry-brown undertone, so it's right on trend for Fall. Top your cheekbones with a light, champagne-bronze highlighter (my recommendation? The Elf Golden Bronzer!) to complete then look. 


As for lips, berry-tones and deep reds are always a hit when Fall rolls around, but it's not a hit to jump right into the burgundy lipstick. I like to make the transgression with berry-pinks, a browny nude, and a few dabs of red blended out. I have three Revlon Lip Butters here, Berry Smoothie, Creme Brulle, and Cherry Tart, that are perfect. And for gloss? A peachy, golden color works on top of almost anything. The Avon Glazewear Sparkle in Mirage is one of my all time favorite glosses, and perfect for the Fall. 



Do you like Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring trends the best?
xoxo
Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment