Friday, August 23, 2013

Tarte Lip Surgence Matte Lip Tint in Lucky: Review and Swatches

Jumbo lip pencils have been making a splash in the beauty world in the past year or so, and it seemed like every brand came out with their own version. The product that can be traced back to starting the trend? The Tarte Lip Surgence. Available in a variety of finishes and colors and being sold in a huge set around Christmas time for the price of about one and a half, makeup lovers everywhere gave them a shot.


I received this little guy in my Teen Vogue Birchbox last year and it's needless to say that I was excited. The color is called Lucky and it's a cool-toned, matte light pink that is wearable and fun. Sometimes Birchbox gives lip products in the most unappealing, unflattering colors, but that's not the case here!


The packaging is like any other standard jumbo pencil and it's a twist up, so no sharpening here! I personally like that for lip pencils. I don't like having to sharpen lip pencils, as I don't like using the same sharpener for my lip and eye products. I don't really know why, it just feels funny to me.


This product has a really nice, fresh, minty scent to it and the formulation is lovely. It's smooth and glides on with a lot of color payoff. The swatch above is one coat! 

The final verdict? I really love this, but for $24 a pop, I would skip it and try a drugstore version instead. The Revlon Kissable Balm Stains and the COVERGIRL Jumbo Gloss Balms are both great. However, if you can snag a set of these around Christmastime, I would! Tarte comes out with fantastic holiday sets that are a phenominal value, so if you're interested, keep your eyes open for that. 

Drugstore or High End lip products?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment