Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Current Favorite Bracelets

I love jewelry. Ever since I was little I loved it. My parents and just my relatives in general are big on gifting jewelry to the women in my family, so even before I was buying it for myself, I had quite a bit to choose from as I got ready in the morning. Lately, bracelets have been my favorite, and I've been enjoying stacking them up. So, for my first fashion post on my blog, I thought I'd show you some of my favorite ones!



As you can see, my jewelry/bracelet taste is pretty tame. I like more classic pieces mixed with a bit of the trendy stuff, and the biggest bracelet I own is actually in this post. Also, while I like colored jewelry, I've been going for plain metal tones recently. And as you can see, I do prefer silver to gold.


First up, these two beauties from BCBGeneration. Named the Affirmation bracelets, these guys have gotten a lot of love on Tumblr and from fashion-lovers. I originally got the Mini Affirmation bracelet, which has a black leather band and says "Fearless" in silver letters, and then went back and ordered the full sized with the dark mint-green band and the silver letters which spell out the word "Dream." The mini (priced at $12) looks awesome stacked with other silver bracelets and the full sized ($18) looks great on its on. You can find these in all different colors, hardwares, and words at Macy's.

Cinema Chic bracelet, Te Amo bracelet
The next two are from jewelmint.com. I was a big fan of Jewelmint last year, but recently I've found their style to have gone too trendy/chunky/statement for me. However, I did make a few purchases while I was still in love with their designs. I am a fan of chain bracelets, and after hearing some great reviews on the original Cinema and Cinema Americano bracelets, I decided to get myself the Cinema Chic version, as I didn't have any gunmetal colored jewelry. The Te Amo bracelet was something that I had admired for a while and eventually found in a sale, and I just think it's adorable with the mesh band, the words (it means "I Love You" in Spanish!) and the design of the plate. Everything from Jewelmint is $29.99.



Every girl needs some pearl bracelets in their collection, and this was something I lacked for a while. While at Kohl's one day, I found this set on the clearance rack in their jewelry department. The brand is Croft and Borrow, and it came with two fake, stretchy pearl bracelets and a stretchy rhinestone one. I LOVE these for a simple stacking look, and I think they look nice with more classic fashion pieces.


This next one is from Dot's and it's just a simple, stretchy silver beaded bracelet with an infinity sign. I saw this, read the price tag ($2) and knew it had to be mine. It looks much more blinged out than it actually is, as the light from the flash reflects on the beads. It just looks really nice with a plain t-shirt and jeans, and I love the infinity sign.


The newest addition to my bracelet collection is this gem from Icing. I hauled this bracelet last month (link to that post here), and I love it. I've seen these on Etsy, but they're just so expensive. So when I spotted this for $6.50, I was smitten. Plus, I know for a fact that it's still there, as I spotted it again just yesterday.


Last but not least, the sideways cross bracelet. I'm not a huge fan of the cross trend, but I love the sideways cross necklaces and bracelets. This particular one was made for me from one of my mom's friends, but you can find these all over!

Which one do you like best?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment