Thursday, August 15, 2013

Avon Luxe Clutch Eye Shadow Palette: Review and Swatches

I stole this from my mom's bathroom cabinet after finding out that it was given to her but it hadn't even been touched once. As a huge fan of Avon makeup, I was excited to divulge into this palette.


The packaging is great for traveling without being too plain and boring. There's this puffed up, purple material (does anyone know the proper name for that?) that makes it cute without making it bulky or annoying to throw in a handbag or makeup bag.


The palette includes 10 shimmery shadows, most of them bright colors with a few more wearables thrown in there. All the shadows are nicely pigmented with minimal fallout/crumbling. My favorite color is the third from the left, which is a gorgeous champagne, leaning more on the pink side. The two colors to the left of it are great two: a dark, rich brown and a lilac-pink. Aside from that, this palette doesn't get so much use. While the formulation is wonderful, I'm not a person huge with bright eye looks. But I have been trying to use this as much as I can with every day.


My swatching is a little crazy, and I apologize for that! I ran out of room and didn't feel like washing everything off and starting over.

If you like bright colors, I would recommend this. I'm not sure how much this retails for, but other Avon palettes go for $12-15, so I would peg this around there. You can find Avon Cosmetics online or through sellers, and I believe there are a few stores in select locations.

Bright or neutral eye looks?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment