Monday, August 19, 2013

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub

I use a gentle exfoliating cleanser twice a day (my Neutregena Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub) so I never felt like I needed a heavy duty exfoliate to use on a weekly basis. Boy, was I wrong! After reading up on some skincare blogs, I realized that everyone needs a rough exfoliation at least once a week. And so I set out on my quest to find a good product for this purpose.


While shopping for a vacation back in July, I landed upon this little guy and decided for a dollar and change, it was worth a try. I find deluxe sample/travel sized items are the best for testing out something new, as they are generally the perfect amount of product to try before settling on an opinion.


This scrub is made with 100% natural exfoliants that "deep clean, instantly leaving skin smooth and glowing." It's also sulfate and paraben free, which is a major plus in my book. The texture of this isn't the roughest exfoliate that I've seen, but it certainly isn't the most gentle and I find it the perfect consistency to use once or twice a week for a deep scrub to get off all the dead skin. For someone like me who's complexion is more on the dry side, it's great!


And lastly? The smell! This stuff smells amazing: a little fresh, a little fruity, and a lot delicious. I'm all for yummy-smelling products (but really, who isn't?) so that feature is right up my alley.

St. Ives is available at most drugstores, and you'll find this scrub (which is also one of their best sellers) with the rest of the line in the skincare department. This retails for $4.99 for 6oz (which is the size I plan on purchasing after I squeeze out the last use of my mini) or the travel sized 1oz for $1.50. Obviously the full-sized is a much better deal, but I didn't want to risk not liking this so I would be stuck with a big bottle of something I disliked.

How often do you exfoliate?
xoxo
Alyssa


PS: Sorry for lack of posts lately. My schedule has been so hectic, but I promise consistent posting is on its way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment