Saturday, August 3, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Shock: Review and Swatches

Baby Lips lovers went crazy when Maybelline came out with electric versions of their best selling tinted lip balms and released a collection including six new colors. I myself was eager to try them, but Target--my main place for purchasing drugstore makeup--hasn't had them. So when I saw the display in Ulta, I bolted for it.


There was only one color left, Pink Shock, but for them to only have one in stock, I would definitely take this one. It's a great, bright hot pink  that has no shimmer. The packaging, at least in my eyes, is to die for. The black casing is really, really cool and I love how the pink font is such a contrast.


The formulation of the Baby Lips is something I really do like. I have a bunch from the line and even have used up two full ones (Pink Punch and Quenched), and in my experience I tend to use the brighter ones (Cherry Me, Coral Crush, Pink Punch) more as I would use Revlon Lip Butters, while I use the lighter ones more as a standard chapstick to just throw in a bag.

In terms of color/pigmentation, I like it! It's nothing new or exciting, but definitely brighter and more on the neon side compared to the other colors Maybelline has done. It was really opaque in one or two quick swipes, and I would classify this mainly as a summer color. However, I wouldn't really think of trying to apply this without a mirror.


Maybelline Baby Lips retail for $3-4 and are available wherever Maybelline products are sold. I've spotted the electric line at Ulta (on special display) and Walmart and Walgreens with the regular line. If you're looking for something moisturizing with a nice color, I would recommend these. I'm really excited to try the green/yellow ones--they look super interesting!

What's your favorite Baby Lip flavor?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment