Saturday, August 24, 2013

Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

I'm so lazy when it comes to my hair. I've gotten into a routine of not doing anything special with it on a regular basis because, well, I just have never found creating elaborate styles every morning before school worth loosing sleep time. My hair is naturally straight and leans more on the thicker side, so I don't have to bust out my straightener every time I wash for it to look decent. So when I started hearing about Sea Salt Sprays, I was intrigued.


Not Your Mother's has been worming it's way into the top of the drugstore hair care realm this Summer, and I heard some hype around the Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray. I picked it up before a vacation, wanting something that would make my hair look cute and add some texture and style with only a minute or two of effort.


The packaging of this is completely user and travel friendly, with a spray top (think the Tressame Heat Tamer Spray) and a little tab to lock the handle so nothing spills out when you don't want it to.

I like to wash my hair and when it's almost dry, tie it into two braids and sleep that to create waves, then add the salt spray when I wake up. However, this creates almost an identical effect when used on dry hair. I love this stuff. I've been using it almost every morning to do my hair since I bought it over a month ago, and the bottle still feels almost full. Plus, the smell is outrageous. Think beachy-coconut and sweetness. Yum.


The photo above is what my hair looked like after I used this on second day, not-styled-previously hair. The right is what it looks like if you really scrunch it up, and the left is what it looks like if you spray it in once or twice and let it do it's thing. My hair is very straight normally, so this kind of style with that kind of work makes me swoon.

You can get this spray at Target and Ulta definitely for somewhere between $5-6 dollars--a bargain, I think. I'm not sure where else carries this brand, but I haven't heard anything but good things about any of their products.

Do you curl or straighten your hair every day?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment