Sunday, August 4, 2013

NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic: Review and Swatches

The only cream blushes I've tried are NYC's Blushable Cream Sticks (which sadly I believe are discontinued), and I really wanted to try a cream blush in pot form. I've heard great things about NYX's line of Rouge Cream Blushes, and since I didn't know if I was going to like this means of cream cheek colors, I wanted to start off with something drugstore.

NYX's packaging is very MAC-esque, simple and standard, so there's not really anything to say about it. I do like that their cream blushes are round and their powder blushes are square, so you don't grab a powder while looking for a cream or vis-versa. 

 

The color of this is a natural, warm-toned pink with a slight shimmer to it. I didn't really notice the shimmer when I picked this out in store, and it's kind of a turn off for me, but I work with it. I find that blushes that are shimmery work well for me without highlighters, so I just skip highlighting my cheekbones. 

On the formulation side of things, this is thicker than the NYC stick versions, but it blends into the skin effortlessly. To be honest, however, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think it's because I really don't know what to do in terms of application. I've tried rubbing it on with my fingers, using a stippling brush, and various other synthetic face powder brushes. Nothing really works for me though, and it makes me shy away from using it. I may be wrong though...maybe I'm just not a cream blush person. Who knows?


These cream blushes are available for retail purchase from Ulta, and I'm not sure where else. I know select Target stores have started carrying the brand, but I don't think they stock these blushes. They do, however, stock the powder pones. They retail for $6 (roughly). If you like cream blushes, I would try them out. For me, however, I'm not so positive. 

How do you apply cream blush?
xoxo
Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment