Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Birchbox Unboxing: August 2013

It's that time of the month again: Birchbox time! I get so excited when the mailman delivers this pink box. Let's be real, I get excited when a mail carrier delivers any box I'm expecting (I mean who doesn't?)


This month, Birchbox collaborated with Anne Taylor to produce a box themed around Finishing School, which once-upon-a-time meant an academy where young women learned the intricacies of high society.


While I like this concept, I don't really understand how these products relate to it. But if that's my biggest problem this month, I think I'm doing pretty well.


Upon opening, I was seriously excited. Look how nice it looks! Needless to say that I dug in quite quickly. So this month, my box included:

  • Coastal Scents Eye Shadows (Peach Fuzz, Sea Spray, Deep Viridian, Sand Dune)
  • Jasmine Seven Fresh Feet Wipes
  • MIYU Beauty Hydrate Mi Beauty Essence and Tea
  • Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick (Beso)
  • Lifestyle Extra: WEI Pomegranate Buffing Beads


I'm really happy with this box. There's some skin care, makeup, and a few oddballs (feet wipes and tea, that would be directed towards you). As drinking tea is "trendy" right now, I think it's something fun to toss into the box. And the feet wipes? Definitely not the most glamorous thing around, but definitely something useful. They're directed towards freshening up your feet during the day, and I think it's a nifty little product. As for the beauty essence and the buffing beads: my mom tried the essence and LOVED how it made her skin feel, and a good exfoliation is great for your skin, so I think these are good things to try out! And then the makeup. I've never tried Coastal Scents shadows, so I was really excited to get these in my box! And while the lipstick isn't exactly my every day shade, my mom swatched some on my arm and it stayed vibrant all day (and night) long, even after washing and a bit of makeup remover. So I'm excited to give that a whirl on my lips. 


In addition, you get a coupon for 20% off a single Anne Taylor product, and 30% off two or more! All in all, I'm very happy with this box. My overall value ended up being somewhere around $26.38, which is better than last month, but I've still gotten better. Again, I'm very pleased. 

What are your favorite types of samples?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment