Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Elf Golden Bronzer...or Highlighter?

I have for you today a review of Elf's Golden Bronzer from their Studio Line (more professional products, as apposed to their Essentials line, which is meant for more of the average person). I picked this up at Target one day, hoping for something to give me a nice, sun-kissed glow.



First off, the packaging. Like all Elf Studio products, the packaging is very NARS-esque: simple, black, rectangular. It's simple, classy, and quite a bit boring, but nothing bad nonetheless.


Upon opening, I expected this to be way to light to be a bronzer on my skin, but aside from that, way too shimmery. "This is as shimmery and glowy as a highlighter!" I had though, annoyed that it was labeled a bronzer. Then it hit me: maybe it would work at highlighting my cheekbones.


The colors include two light, bronzy-brown shades, a peachy champagne, and a light cream. All of them are loaded with shimmer, and honestly there is no way this powder would work as a bronzer. When swatched, it turns into a subtle, glowing bronze highlight shade that looks beautiful on the high points of the face.


The picture makes it look darker than it actually is, but I promise it's not that dark at all. For skin tones lighter than myself (I'm light to medium) and you have this, try it as eye shadow. I prefer this as a highlight, but it works nicely on the eyes as well. If you're my shade or darker, highlight with it! It looks beautiful, and I would repurchase this for highlighting, NOT for bronzing.

The Elf Golden Bronzer retails for $3 and is available at Target, K-Mart, and The Christmas Tree Shop. There are two other colors available on the website, which look much darker and one of them is matte. Maybe I'll give the matte one a whirl!

Matte or shimmery bronzers?
xoxo
Alyssa

PS: Today's my mom's birthday! Happy birthday, Mom! I love you! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment