Monday, August 5, 2013

Simple Drugstore Makeup Look for School!

Hey everyone! Since it's officially back to school season (I hate the way that sounds), I wanted to do a post on a look that you can use to create a nice, simple every day look for class. Then I thought, "hey, why not make it entirely drugstore?" So that's what I'm giving you today. I myself don't really wear much makeup to school. If anything, I'll put on a bit of concealer a powder, but on those days I feel like looking a bit more put together, this is the sort of look I like to do.


For face, you have to start off with foundation. I picked out the COVERGIRL Aqua Smooth Makeup. It's a cream foundation that I find works great applied with a cosmetic sponge. It's very light and gives coverage slightly heavier than a standard facial concealer and I like the finish. For under the eyes, I'm in LOVE with my Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye roll. I've done a full review on this, and I will link it here if you'd like to see my thoughts in more in-depth. To set it all, I've been finding my Rimmel Stay Matte transulcent powder the best thing. Eyebrows are so important for defining your face, so I like to lightly fill mine in with my Wet n' Wild Color Icon Brow and Eyeliner pencil in Mink Brown, and then set/tame them with my Maybelline Great Lash clear mascara, which is commonly used as brow gel.

Clockwise from top right: Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara,
COVERGIRL Aqua Smooth Makeup, Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller,
Rimmel Stay Matte translucent powder, Wet n' Wild bow pencil
I don't feel like anyone needs an excessive amount of eye makeup for school everyday. If I don't feel like wearing color, I will just use Elf's Eyelid Primer in Sheer, which just matteifies my eyes and covers any veining (not that I have too much) but still  looks natural. I find the Maybelline Color Tattoo line to be the best for simple shadow looks, and I would recommend getting Barely Branded for every day. It's a gorgeous, slightly-metallic champagne that brightens and makes you look like you spent way more time on your eyeshadow than you actually did. Finish off with a natural mascara, like Maybelline the Mega Plush (review linked here) and you should be good to go.

Clockwise from top: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely
Branded, Maybelline The Mega Plush mascara, Elf
Eyelid Primer in Sheer
Highlighter and bronzer aren't necessary for a simple makeup look, so I like to use a matte blush that just makes me look like I have a tint of color. The Wet n' Wild Color Icon blush in Heather Silk is great for that. It looks super scary, but you only need a tiny bit and it looks like you just spent a tad too long in the sun. For lips, I like to keep it nice and natural with peachy-pinks and nudes. While girls who rock the Taylor Swift red lips to school are gutsy and daring, I don't typically wear bright lipstick on nights out, let alone while I'm sitting in English. The Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade is perfect. It's subtle and pretty, and with the Nivea a Kiss of Shine Pink Glossy Lip Care over top, it looks really good. Both products are moisturizing, so I find them to be great for school.

Clockwise from top: Nivea A Kiss of Shine, W&W blush in
Heather Silk, and Revlon LB in Pink Lemonade

What kind of makeup do you wear everyday for school?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment