Sunday, September 1, 2013

My Latest Girly-Obsessions (September 2013)

I've been in kind of a rut with blogging lately, so I decided to type up a post on two things that have been love-at-first-sight items for me in the past two or three days. Both things are right up my alley, and I'm more than pleased with them in terms of purchases. They were well worth the money. 


These items are my new (and first) Alex and Ani bracelet and my Q&A Five-Year journal. I have been eyeing Alex and Ani for a few months now, but made my first purchase at a jeweler-chain in a local mall on Thursday. As for the journal, a girl whose beauty videos I watch on YouTube has this, and when she mentioned it, I began to lust. I told myself I was going to wait until the new year, but I've grown so impatient I thought I'd start it for the new school year. 

Sorry for my shadow!

Alex and Ani is a line of bangles that promote positive energy, and each one has a charm symbolizing something different. The brand does initials, zodiac signs, birthstones, and just random symbols that all stand for something uplifting and positive (for example, they have a compass that symbolizes moving in a new direction and being adventurous). I've wanted the Gemini one (in silver, which I wear most often in terms of hardware) as it is my zodiac sign, so while on a shopping trip where I was spending money more frivolously than normal, I went for it. 


Each bracelet includes a card that explains the significance behind the symbol, letter, or quote embellished on your bangle. You can look at the cards when you're buying them, which I really like, as you can find a meaning tailored to a goal you want to achieve or changes you want to make in your life. 


Next up: my journal. This is a Q&A A Day for Five Years journal, and the concept behind it is quite simple. Every day you turn to the page of the current date and answer the corresponding question. You do this every day, and when a year has passed, you do it over again in the next slot.When completed, it shows you how you've grown and changed (or haven't) over the course of five years. I think this is a great idea! I'm awful at keeping a diary, so this is an amazing alternative. 


For example, this is the question for May 20th: What is the craziest thing you've done for love? The questions vary greatly. Some you have to think about, others are easy. I'm so excited about this. 


You want to join in on my obsession?
Alex and Ani:
       General Website
       Gemini Bracelet
Q&A Journal:
        On Amazon
        Barnes and Noble

What's your latest girly obsessions?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment