Monday, September 9, 2013

Macy's Beauty Haul

I had a bit of money left on a gift card from Macy's that was given to me for my birthday (how great of a gift is that?) and I decided to splurge on some frivolous beauty products I had my eye on. Macy's beauty selection is fantastic, so I went ahead and made an online purchase.


I love when packages come in the mail. It took a lot for me to stop and snap this picture before I divulged. 


I ordered three things, but my set from Benefit was part of a promotion that included a free deluxe-sized sample of their POREfessional primer, which I like, so it will definitely get some use.


The Benefit set that I got is the Sweet-n-Wow kit, which includes a full sized Sugarbomb Box Powder and a deluxe sample of Posietint. Regular Benefit powders are $28 and the kit was $29, so I figured for an extra dollar I'd give Posietint a whirl. Benefit is probably my favorite makeup company, so these two products are ones I have been wanting to test out.


My camera decided to be temperamental today, but despite the shadows, the Essie nail polish in For the Twill of It actually looks pretty true to color. I saw this color on display at Walgreens and when I found out that Macy's sold the brand, it was in my basket immediately. It's a gray/purple/green metallic duo-chrome, and I am beyond excited to wear this as my first dark manicure of the season. As for the Laura Mercier Creme Brulle hand cream, well, anything that smells like/tastes like/named after/inspired by creme brulle is a major sell in my book, as it is my all-time favorite dessert (by a landslide). I was a bit nervous ordering this without smelling it first, since at $15 for a 2oz bottle the price tag is totally steep, but I was not disappointed. The perfume version will make an appearance on my Christmas list this year.


As with any beauty order from Macys.com, it came with a "goody bag" full of perfume samples. Not the best goody bag I've ever gotten, but not bad ;)

What was the last beauty product you have perfect?
xoxo
Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment