Saturday, September 7, 2013

Birchbox Unboxing: September 2013!

It's that time of the month again: Birchbox time! This little guy arrived on my doorstep this morning (actually in my mailbox, but you know how it is) and I was so excited I ripped it open on the spot.


This month's box is themed around Heritage and the stories behind companies in the beauty and fashion industry. It is based around the history that made brands and labels what they are today. It's also Birchbox's birthday month, so they included a little card that says that we (their subscribers) are their favorite beauty discovery of all.


I think my box was pretty well rounded this month. It contains some skincare, a little hair care, a bit of makeup, and a dash of nail polish: the recipe for a great beauty-subscription box. Most people who get these types of boxes want a little bit of everything, and I think some brands overlook that fact.


Upon first opening, the samples look very promising. A can of some sort?! Something in a box?! Is that a lip product tube?! Let's divulge.


My box for September included:

  • Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Luminous Lip Gloss (Precious Petal)
  • Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive
  • Ruffian Nail Lacquer (Fox Hunt)
  • Serge Normant Meta Luxe Hair Spray
  • Beauty Extra: Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Skin Cream
The overall value ended up being roughly $31, which I was happy with! Honestly, as long as I'm getting more than I pay for I am very pleased, although I've seen/gotten some boxes that have been $50 and $60 values. You also get a voucher for a free travel sized Caudalie product with the purchase of a full-sized when you order on Birchbox's website. 


I'm satisfied with this box. I love the lip gloss, and I'm excited about everything except the Egyptian Magic cream. Foil packets DO NOT make me a happy camper. Anyone can go to a beauty counter and ask for a sample and receive the exact same thing for free. They are generally worthless and allow only one use, which isn't enough to get an accurate representation of how you feel about something. No more foil packets, Birchbox! It took away from an almost-perfect box.

Do you hate foil packets, too?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment