Sunday, November 24, 2013

NYX Butter Glosses: Review and Swatches

I heard quite a bit of hype on NYX's latest lip gloss formulation. Since the brand's Mega Shine Lip Glosses are some of the most popular from a drugstore brand, I knew the new product had to be something incredible for makeup junkies to be focusing on something different.

Left to Right: Eclair, Creme Brulle
And so I went to Ulta and found the Butter Glosses in the NYX section for I believe just around $5 a pop--pretty good! I picked out about five, but ended up only purchasing one, Creme Brulle. I ended up liking it so much that when I went to Target, I snatched the only one they had left--Eclair. These colors are typical-Alyssa-colors: a nude-y pink (Creme Brulle) and a creamy, neutral pink (Eclair).

Eclair, Creme Brulle

The packaging is lovely: round, doe-foot applicators, and color coordinated. I love it! And because the whole packaging down to the caps are the color of the product, it's very easy to pick out the one you want without them having to be upside down.

I'm about 95% positive that the scents are matched to the desserts they are named after (how amazing is that?) Eclair smells kind of like a sweet vanilla (like Eclair filling!) whereas Creme Brulle has more of a subtle caramel scent (just like its namesake). Maybe it's just my imagination, but if that is the case I would buy them just for that detail. But I do love these glosses. The formulation is one of my favorites--thick, pigmented, and very smooth and bendable. The formula can be sheered out or built up and look good no matter what. I also think these are good glosses to apply on the go--I'm sure the brighter colors (there's a red I'm dying to own) are a little less versatility in this way, but I can't imagine these neutral colors ending up splattered across your face. The formulation, feel, and wear reminds me of the MAC Cremesheen Glosses--which is a very, very good thing.

Creme Brulle, Eclair
I highly recommend these. They've wormed their way to one of the top spots on my favorite lip gloss lists. And for just around the five dollar mark, they are an all around winner. These glosses should be sold wherever NYX products are sold (Ulta, select Targets, and select Bed Bath and Beyond stores).

Makeup products named after food items: Yay or Nay?
xoxo
Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment