Monday, November 18, 2013

My Alternate Make Up Storage (November 2013)

I've been playing around with room decor and storage/organization lately, and one of the things I'm trying to perfect is my make up storage. I have what I call my "beauty box" on my desk (an updated post on that will be coming soon), but I have much more makeup than that box can fit. I have a separate drawer besides these two for more loved products, but today I'm showing you guys where I store the makeup I don't really use too much. 


I took these pictures on my iPad, so I apologize in advance if the quality is not up to usual standards. But I have this little three-shelf on one of the walls in my bedroom, and the bottom is most definitely my favorite. The magazine racks (housing Vogue, Teen Vogue, Seventeen, and Lucky) are from Target, the three-drawer container is from Walmart, and I'll go more in depth with the books torwards the end.

                                 

This is the place I store my makeup products that I like enough not to throw away, but at the moment I'm just not using very much. A lot of these products I really love, so it's not the "reject section." In fact, when I redo my beauty box every few weeks, I switch in some of these products. 

                                 

First drawer: face products. Recognize the containers I use to keep things a bit neater? They're old Birchboxes! Birchboxes are one of my favorite organization bins--they are the perfect size. But anyways, the front houses base makeup. There's some Arbonne powders, an ELF powder, and some random concealers and luminizing products. In the back bin is blushes and powder highlighters. I have some various Maybelline blushes, other miscellaneous drugstore powders, and a few cream blush sticks. On the side of the boxes is my trusty Avon Correct and Conceal Compact, which is taking a break from being my every day concealer option (if you're wondering about the hair tie, let's just say the compact is very well loved).

                                 

Next up, eye products. The front bin houses singles and a few duos. I LOVE the single shadows in this bin and they get used often. The Elf Mineral Shadow in Elegant and the Avon Celestial Shadow in Moon Sand are two of my all time favorites. Other than that, there's some random drugstore shadows and an Estée Lauder duo. In the back there's trios, quads, and small palettes. I have a few Elf quads, some Clinique, and a few others. On the side is some extra pencil liners ans an Elf Cream Liner.

                                   

And lastly: lips. In the front are some excess Revlon's Lip Butters (Cupcake, Gumdrop, and Creamsicle) that I just prefer for the summertime. Then some Elf lipsticks, an Ulta one, and my favorite Avon gold lip gloss. Other than that it's just some lipsticks from various brands. In the back is 85% Elf glosses (I loved Elf glosses for years). I've tried about every formula, and this bin houses the squeeze tube ones, and the Hypershines (my favorite) mostly. Besides that, it's just random glosses. And on the side are some lip palettes from Ulta and a backup of my favorite Hypershine gloss from Elf (Fairy).



On top of the bin, I store some of my favorite books. From my childhood, I have Dr. Seuss's The Foot Book and If You Give a Cat a Cupcake by Laura Numeroff. Then there's The Fault in Our Stars (John Green) and The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Stephen Chbosky) which have been favorites of mine for a few years now!

Do you have a lot of products you don't use regularly?
xoxo
Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment