Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fall Fashion: My New Boots

Fall and Winter fashion is my favorite. I love jeans and leggings, and being able to snuggle up in a cozy sweater and a scarf makes me happier than it should. A girl can't be ready for Fall without her basic outfit of a cardigan or sweater, scarf, and boots. I was desperate for black boots that weren't riding boots or combat boots. Just little ankle bootie-type shoes that had a one-inch heel or less--no stilettos for me.

Fortunately, JustFab.com, which is one of my favorites for shoes and handbags, has a great selection of boots for the Fall and Winter. So when I spring for my new pair of riding boots, that site will probably be the first place I check. Everything on JustFab is $39.95, as it is technically a monthly subscription service. But most people just use it as an online shop.


Let's just acknowledge the fact that I ordered these boots on Monday (11/11) and they shipped from across the country and were on my doorstep Thursday (11/14) afternoon. Talk about amazing shipping services (and it's free with a $39.95 purchase...which is every item!)

The boots I picked are the Gale. They're black pleather booties that hit me mid shin. They have a one inch heel, wrap around straps, and silver buckle detailing. One of my problems with boots is that most of them include gold hardware, and I like silver a million times better. These were one of two pairs of black boots on the site that had silver detailing. The inside is also fur-lined.


While I think they look better in the online photo, I really do like the style. My one critic is the fur lining: it's way too much. Fur lining is okay if it can't be see on the outside, but with these you can totally see. It makes the style look less like a chic and fashionable shoe and more like a snow boot. But they are very warm.


In terms of comfort, these were pretty solid. I definitely had to break them in, but it only took walking around the house for twenty minutes with them on the night before to do so. The day after I got them, I wore them all day to school and nothing hurt.


These guys looked really cute with back leggings, a dress, and a cardigan, but when I tried them on for the first time, I was wearing skinny jeans and a plain tee and it looked good, too! They're really veritile style-wise and I think they'll hold up well in the snow. 


I'm pleased with these boots. They're my fifth purchase from the website (and fourth pair of shoes) and I've been happy with everything I've gotten from the site. My oldest pair of shoes from the site (brown riding boots) is over a year old, well loved, and still going strong. So if you're looking for some nice, reasonably-priced shoes, look here!

Link to Gale booties*:justfab.com/gale
*not an affiliated link

Where's your favorite place to buy boots?
xoxo
Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment