Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Everyday Makeup Look: Summer 2013

Hey everyone! For my first post, I figured I would do something simple and familiar. As it's summer, I've found myself sticking to a pretty basic routine lately when doing my makeup. I've been loving a very simple, easy look that can be done in less than ten minutes, and these are the products that I've been using!

Clockwise from left: Rimmel Stay Matte Power, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Make Up, Wet n' Wild Color Icon Brow/Eyeliner Pencil, Maybelline The Great Lash clear mascara, Maybelline Cover Stick, Bobbi Brown Corrector

The majority of the time I don't even bother with foundation, but when I do, it's always Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup in the color Natural Beige. This is the only makeup product I've tried from the brand, and from what I've heard, one of the only ones worth the heftier price tag. I use two concealers, one for my face and one for under my eyes. I love Bobbi Brown's Corrector (I wear the shade Light to Medium Bisque) for cancelling out my sever dark circles. For my face, I've been loving Maybelline's Cover Stick in Deep Beige. It's amazing for covering the redness around my nose and works really well on blemishes. Because my tan is so on and off during the warmer months, I usually stick to translucent powder for Spring/Summer. Rimmel's Stay Matte has been my favorite this year and as you can see I'm almost done with it! I usually just need to fill in my brows at the base, and I use the Wet n' Wild Color Icon Brow/Eyeliner Pencil in Mink Brown and then set and tame with Maybelline's The Great Lash clear mascara. 

Clockwise left to right: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Urban Decay Naked Basics Pallet, Maybelline The Mega Plush Mascara, Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes, Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal, NYX Jumbo Eye  Pencil


I'm somebody who can go without eye makeup and not look back (yes, mascara included), and on days when I need to run out the door with little time to get ready, I usually just put on a bit of concealer and powder. When I do put effort into my eye makeup, I've been reaching for these products. I've acquired a few sample sizes of Urban Decay's Primer Potion, and before I repurchase the full size (I haven't even tried the new packaging yet!), I decided to use up all the little sized ones. After primer, I go in with my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt, which is a gorgeous peachy-bronze-champagne color that looks stunning for the Summertime. On top, I use my Urban Decay Naked Basics Pallet, which has been my go-to ever since I finally gave into buying it in early May (generally I use Venus all over the lid, Naked 2 or Faint in the crease, and highlight with Foxy or Walk of Shame). I was very into skipping eyeliner on my upper lash line or just using a dark eye shadow and an angled brush, but lately I've been adoring my Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in 0L Matte Black. Eyeliner is not my thing but even I find this pencil to just glide on effortlessly. For the waterline, I use Rimmel's Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude, which makes the eyes look bigger and brighter without being as harsh as a white pencil (these liners are also a perfect dupe for the NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliners!). I finish up with the Mega Plush mascara in Blackest Black from Maybelline, which has very mixed reviews among the blogger community, but I happen to love the natural look it provides. 


MAC Cremesheen Glass, Rimmel Powder Blush


I don't tend to fiddle around with a lot of cheek or lip products when I can avoid it. I love highlighter, but I find a slightly shimmery blush can have the same effect. I love Rimmel's Powder Blush is Pink Rose, which is a really natural, neutral pink blush with a slight pink shimmer. I love it because it's one of those blushes you don't have to really think about. You just swirl your brush into the power and sweep it on and it looks great. The shimmer isn't as noticeable on the cheeks as it is in the pan, but provides a nice, illuminated look. I pair the blush with MAC's Cremesheen Glass in Just Superb, which is virtually the same color. This gloss is completely non-sticky and the formulation is fairly long lasting and definitely really glossy. 

I hope you all had a great week!
xoxo 
Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment