Sunday, June 30, 2013

Elf Studio Blush in Candid Coral: Review and Swatches!

If there's one staple beauty product that the drugstore seriously lacks in terms of quality, it has to be blush. There just doesn't seem to be many brands that currently have amazing blushes, along with lacking colors/finishes that really grab my attention. Most drugstore blushes are too shimmery or glittery with mediocre color ranges that are just unimpressive (and in more recent years, way overpriced).

Two brands have really caught my attention lately in the blush department, and I can happily report that these are brands with price tags suitable for buying multiple on a budget. One is Wet n' Wild (which is saved for a later post) and the other is Elf.



Candid Coral is my fourth Elf Studio blush, and I keep falling more and more in love with each new addition to my collection. The brand packages this product in a rectangular, plastic black casing with a clear strip so you can see the color of the product. The effect is very similar to the NARS packaging, which I really like. The others colors I have are Tinkled Pink, Mellow Mauve, and Pink Passion. I use each and every one of them, but I want to feature Candid Coral as it is perfect for the warmer months. Despite the name, this is not a true coral. I would describe it as a natural, peachy color with coral undertones. It has a subtle golden shimmer to it which makes the cheeks look luminous and acts almost like a highlighter as well as a blush. Very pretty! 



The Elf studio blushes retail for $3 and can be found at Target, K-Mart, or eyeslipsface.com. This line is highly recommended. It has to be the best line of blushes I've found from the drugstore (like I said, I like Wet n' Wild but the Elf color range is so much better!). If you're looking for a blush and don't want to break the bank, I would check these out. 

Would you wear it?
xoxo 
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment