Friday, March 7, 2014

Skylark by Elle&Blair Lip Gloss Duo: Review and Swatches!

The blogger community went abuzz when beauty gurus Elle (allthatglitters21) and Blair (juicystar07) launched their makeup line a few years back. The girls announced that they were not waiting until they had a full collection out, but instead were releasing products as they felt they were perfected. The first release of the line was this lip gloss duo, inspired by the main characters in their novel Beneath the Glitter (and later sequel Where Beauty Lies), Ava and Sophia London. The duo was offered by redeeming reward points on JustFab.com, and once I realized that I had enough points, it was immediately in my basket.


I expected to hear an excessive amount of reviews on this set, but surprisingly, I hadn't heard anything except from the girls itself. The gloss duo features a light, cool-toned creamy pink (Ava) and a shimmery berry (Sophia). While the sisters never specifically said that the characters/gloss colors were based off of themselves, in my opinion, Ava definitely screams "Elle" and Sophia definitely screams "Blair."


The packaging is really beautiful: glass, circular containers with metallic caps and the name of the color written in a gorgeous, script-like font. The applicator is a sponge, yet it's flat, which I actually really like. It coats my lips nicely without an excess on my skin. Overall, the packaging gets an A+ from me!


The formulation is also incredible. These glosses are smooth, pigmented, and super creamy. The swatches above are one thick coat, but you could definitely sheer them out. As for Sophia, sometimes you can feel shimmer/glitter in glosses when you wear them, but this is most certainly not the case for this one. Overall, I prefer Sophia to Ava, solely on color preference. Berry tones tend to look better on me, but I think I'll get more use of Ava when it gets a little warmer!

All in all, I love these. I think Elle and Blair did a great job, and I'm excited try out the rest of their line as it emerges. I believe this retails for $30 for the duo, and as far as I know, is sold exclusively through blush.com!

Have you tried anything from Skylark cosmetics?
xoxo
Alyssa

links are not affiliated links!*




No comments:

Post a Comment