Monday, March 10, 2014

Drugstore Makeup Look for Spring

Spring is my favorite season. There's something so satisfying about the weather warming up after a cold, dreary winter. Today in particular I got to break out some bright colors and wear a light jacket and it was so exciting! As I got ready this morning, I did a really light, shimmery makeup look that I loved so much that it might just become my every day look once the weather stays like this! Of course, when I love something beauty related so much, I need to share it, so here we go!



First off: base makeup. My skin was actually cooperating with me today (knock on wood!), so I only used a bit of my Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette to conceal some redness and discoloration, but you can definitely use a tinted moisturizer or something a little heavier if you need extra coverage. I set everything with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and then filled in and tamed my brows with my Wet n' Wild Color Icon Brow and Eyeliner Pencil in Mink Brown and my Maybelline Great Lash clear mascara. As you can see, all of these products are well loved (aside for the Rimmel powder, but it's actually a repurchase!).


For the eyes, I primed with my Elf Eyelid Primer in Sheer before going in with my Revlon Colorstay 16-Hour Eyeshadow Quad in Decadent. I used the color on the bottom left all over my lid, mixed with a little of the golden color, which is top right. The brown went into my crease and the pink on the top left was used to highlight. I forgot how much I love this color scheme! I've gotten far too used to cool browns and grays. I figured brown liner wold be a little harsh against a light, shimmery pink, so I used my NYX Slide on Eye Pencil in Brown Perfection, which is new and I absolutely am in love with it. For my waterline, I stuck with an old favorite and used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Liner in Nude to brighten, and then went in with my COVERGIRL Lash Exact Mascara to lengthen my lashes a bit.


To keep my my makeup light, I decided not to cake on the cheek and lip products and stick with simplicity. The Elf Studio Blush in Tickled Pink is one of my favorites (can you tell?) and it's just a light, satin pink that looks really natural with a slight shimmer. I picked a lip color that was a shade color than the rest of the pinks I used, just to add some contrast. The Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake is moisturizing and light, making it the perfect product to finish off the look!

What is your favorite makeup product this Spring?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment