Sunday, March 9, 2014

Birchbox March 2014!

I haven't done a Birchbox post in a few months, but I've been fairly pleased with my boxes since the last one I've featured. This box surprised me a lot, so let's just get into it!


March's theme is Spring Forward, a month dedicating to refreshing your daily lifestyle. I really love this theme. Spring is my favorite season, and there's nothing better than brightening things up after a long and gloomy winter.


My box included three deluxe samples and a Birchbox Find. My only complaint with the Birchbox Finds is that instead of being an occasional extra, it's in place of your beauty/lifestyle extra. I kind of wish they would include a Birchbox Find occasionally in addition to rather than instead of.



  • Air Repair Rescue Balm: this sample is so minuscule, but I'm looking over the size because it seems to be along the lines of Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream (which is quite pricey).
  • Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle: This is the third (maybe fourth?) time I've gotten this brand in my box, and I really like everything I've tried. I'm always on the lookout for a good detangler, and the smell of this (think Aquolina's Pink Sugar perfume!) is so decadent that I'm really excited to try this. 
  • Mereadesso All-in-One Moisturizer: I was frustrated when I opened my box and saw this. Foil packets are not deluxe samples! I wanted to yell at Birchbox. That is, until I was looking up prices to calculate my total box value. The brand actually sells this as their travel size, and it retails for $28, making it the most valuable product for March. I'm still shocked and amazed!
  • theBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream: I love the brand theBalm. Every time I get something from them in my box, I get excited. This is a sample from their new How 'Bout Them Apples? palette, which is six cream shades that are dual purpose for cheeks and lips. My shade is Pie, and it's a really pretty coral-pink. 

The Birchbox Find was a nice, travel-sized version of the Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream (including a coupon for $2 off the full sized version!). I've heard of BB Body Creams and I like the brand, so I'm excited for this! I also love when Birchbox includes coupons, as I'm a huge coupon person.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this box! I'm excited about everything. The value of this box is roughly $41.10, which is great! I'm definitely looking forward to April. 

What was in YOUR Birchbox?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment