Sunday, January 19, 2014

Jordana Twist&Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Honey Lust: Review and Swatches

I'm probably going to end up doing a comparison post on  all of the jumbo lip pencil type products, because there are just so many on the market recently that it's hard to keep track of all of them! I picked this up on a late-night Walgreens trip with my mom (I'm pretty sure the brand is sold exclusively there) and I'm happy to report that it was a great buy. Sometimes when I shop, I just throw things into my basket without really paying much attention and they turn out to be a flop. That wasn't the case here, though!

This is the Jordana Twist&Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in the color Honey Lust (05), which is a beautiful plum toned pink. I see a color like this and I think how great it will be for the Fall/Winter time. This type of darker pink is also one of my favorite colors to wear in general, so this shade was a no-brainer for me. 


The formulation is lovely--moisturizing, pigmented, smooth, and sweetly scented (to me it smells sort of like Runts candy. Yum!). Additionally, it's very easy to apply--I almost don't need a mirror! The lasting power is pretty average. While it's not awful, I don't think it's anything special either. But for a price tag of $2.99, I'm sure not complaining! 

If you like these kind of pencil lip colors, I recommend this line! I believe Jordana is sold exclusively through Walgreens, but if you know of anywhere else that stocks the brand, let me know! I'll definitely be picking up more of these in the future...but for now I'll continue to love this one. 

What are you favorite colors to wear on your lips?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment