Thursday, October 3, 2013

COVERGIRL Jumbo Gloss Balm in Watermelon Twist: Review and Swatches

It seems as though every drugstore brand has been coming out with their own version of a jumbo lip pencil, and COVERGIRL is no exception. Their Jumbo Gloss Balms have been on the shelves for a few months now, and have gotten amazing reviews.

I chose the shade Watermelon Twist, which is a bright, fun pink that really perks up a look effortlessly. Bright lip colors are essential for one, making you look more fresh and awake, and two, giving the appearance of spending more time on your makeup then you actually did. Despite all beauty lovers knowing this trick, we still seem to say, "Wow! She has bright lips on! She must have spent a lot of time on her makeup this morning!"



The packaging is nice--it reminds me exactly of the Clinique Chubby Sticks. They're twists up, which I prefer for lip products, with a pointed tip, and the cap is color-coded to the product inside, which is nice if you have multiple of these. One packaging transgression stands out to me though: the name of the product is no where on the actual stick, just on the plastic bit you peel off. This annoys me for blogger-reasons. It's nice to know what the product is called when you're recommending it to someone (as opposed to just the number) or writing about it. I had to write this name down on a post-it to remember. When I accumulate more of these (and I plan to), it will be very hard to distinct them.


The color payoff is beautiful. This is pigmented, glossy, and moisturizing. I can shear the color out for everyday or amp it up for something bold. All in all? I'm smitten.

COVERGIRL's Jumbo Gloss Balms retail for $7-8 depending on store, and I think they're worth every penny. The color range is also gorgeous--there's something for everyone!

Do you hate when packaging doesn't include the name?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment