Friday, May 2, 2014

Physicals Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Concealer Trio: Review!

I don't typically buy products without hearing some buzz some first, and when I do, they're from brands like Elf or Wet n' Wild or NYC, which are the lower price points in the drugstore beauty kingdom. I haven't truly dabbled in Physician's Formula--due to the price points and just not being captivated by any of their products--so I was genuinely surprised with myself when I purchased this.


This product is essentially a concealer trio designed to use on top of each other: there's a green corrector (step one), a beige cover (step two) and then a pink-toned, shimmery highlight (step three). I believe Benefit has something along the same lines (but instead of liquid they're a creamy consistency and are packaged in pots) and since I've been wanting to try the high-end version, I figured I'd give this a go. Something that's interesting to me is the packaging: the three little pieces click together, so you can have them separate or whole. The concept appeals to me, since in a makeup bag they'll always be together, but the actual packaging just seems a bit plastic-y and cheap. They also feature a doe-foot applicator.


In terms of formulation, to be honest, I don't love these. I wanted the consistency to be a little thinner and creamier, but it is quite thick. I used only a little on each spot, but I feel like if I would have used any more it would have looked cakey and fake, which is a no go in my book. The green correcter is such a vibrant green that it doesn't blend in with my skin, and even the beige cover doesn't make it look natural (especially since, like I said, it cakes). As per the highlight, I don't think I'd ever use this where I'd use concealer--especially on a blemish. But, I would--and will--use this as an cheekbone highlight when I want something a bit more prominent. The highlight is my favorite part of the trio, and thankfully, I can take this and put it in my everyday bag without the other two pieces.


All in all, I'm not thrilled. For the price point ($10-$12) I just don't think this is worth it. But if you had your eye on it, give it a try! Maybe you'll have better like than I did. Physician's Formula is usually available wherever drugstore cosmetics are sold.

Have you tried it?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment