Sunday, May 11, 2014

Favorite Shimmery Blushes for Spring and Summer

I tend to shy away from shimmery cheek products sans highlighter. Matte just looks so natural and pretty and simple, and sometimes I find if I have a spot or two on my cheeks, shimmer just highlights it. But in the spring and summertime I find myself using shimmery blushes more often, as they are a lovely "one sweep" cheek product, adding color and a highlight.

Clockwise from left: Physician's Formula Happy Booster
blush in Rose, Elf Studio blush in Tickled Pink, Benefit
Sugarbomb Boxed Powder, Elf  Baked Blush in Peachy
Cheeky
Three out of four of these blushes are drugstore, which is due to the fact that I don't find the drugstore to do too many incredible matte blushes, so when I look for a high end blush, I almost always make sure it's matte.


  • Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Rose (top left): This is one of two products I've tried from this brand, and I picked this up because I've heard such amazing things about the Happy Booster powders. First off, the packaging is adorable. I love the concept of the heart designs with all of the different shades. I also like the fact that the colors don't bleed together when swirled. The formula itself is nice: smooth and not too pigmented, which makes it a good product to use quickly. The shimmer is a little more apparent than in some of the others, but as a whole, the product is wonderful.
  • Benefit Sugarbomb Boxed Powder (top right): Everyone loves the Benefit Boxed Powders and this is (arguably) one of the most popular ones. Benefit describes it as a "sugar rush flush" which is so true. When swirled together, it created a pretty, medium-toned pink and the shimmery isn't too noticiable! Also, because of the peachy shade and the darker plum-toned one, it adds almost a bronze tint to my cheeks, meaning I can skip highlighter. In my opinion, this is worth every penny. 
  • Elf Baked Blush in Peachy Cheek (bottom right): Elf's studio blushes are quite popular, and when they began to launch their baked line, the reveiws came out pretty solid. I picked out this blush out of the four (which are priced at $3 each, by the way) because it looked gorgeous for warmer weather and tanned skin. Well, I was right. This powder is so glowy and I just think it would be amazing on tanned cheeks as a glow-inducing sort of product. It's fairly shimmery and light, but I want to check out the other, darker colors from the line. 
  • Elf Studio Blush in Tickled Pink (bottom left): In short, I think this is the perfect product not only for girls just beginning to dabble in makeup, but also for everyone who wears makeup to school. Tickled Pink is just a slightly shimmery, light pink blush that is just completely amazing and versatile. Can you tell I love it? I use this all of the time but the bit left along the edges refuses to leave. On the skin, the shimmer turns into a satin sheen, which is just beautiful. I recommend this to everyone who hasn't tried it, and luckily, this is one of the Elf products sold at Target store (and just like the other, for $3).
Swatch time!
Left to right: Physician's Fornula Happy Booster Blush in
Rose, Elf Studio Blush in Tickled Pink, Benefit Sugarbomb
Boxed Powder, Elf Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky

What shimmery blush makes your heart swoon?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment