Wednesday, July 17, 2013

MAC Lipstick in Syrup: Review and Swatches!

I went to my boyfriend's prom in June, and as any beauty-obsessed girl would do, I spent a lot of time thinking about how I was going to do my makeup. Because it wasn't my prom, I wasn't looking to spend a ton of money on getting all dolled up, and I decided that I would do my own makeup. I spent a long time searching for the right lip combination, and stumbled across this lipstick while doing a bit of a swatch look-up online.


 This is MAC's lipstick in Syrup. Most of the reviews I read on this hyped it up as the perfect color fall, but
after looking at pictures I pegged it as something I would wear year-round. This lipstick is a Luster formula, which are creamy, sheer-yet-buildable, and very moisturizing looking. After getting the facts, I did something I never do: I ordered it online without seeing what it looked like in person first.


Fortunately, I love this product so much it has wormed its way into my favorite lipstick slot.It looks like a dark, pink-brown in the tube (which is perfect for Fall), but because it's a Luster, it goes on quite sheer. In combination with my naturally more pigmented lips, it looked like my lips on steroids. Gorgeous!


As you can see, the formulation is moisturizing enough where you don't need a lip gloss, but I topped it with MAC's Cremesheen Glass in Just Superb (a post on that later) and it's one of my favorite lip combos. Because I wore this to prom, I paired it with my Arbonne Lip Liner in Ginger, which is a similar color. It was perfect, and lasted more than halfway through the night--and that includes pre-prom.


If you're in the market for a MAC lipstick, I recommend this one! I think it'd be perfect for a natural lipstick, wearing it sheer for the warmer months and built up for the Fall and Winter. You can find this wherever MAC is sold, retailing for $15.

What's your favorite lip combination?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment