Wednesday, July 24, 2013

MAC Cremesheen Glass in Just Superb: Review and Swatches

After reviewing two out of three of the products I use for my perfect, everyday lip combination (Arbonne Lip Liner in Ginger and MAC Syrup in Lipstick) obviously I had to give this product some serious spotlight time as well. Like the MAC lipstick, I ordered this gloss online with just a recommendation from a beauty guru and promising-looking swatches from blogs. Luckily, I was very impressed.


 MAC's Cremesheen formulation is my favorite when it comes to their glosses, and just one of my favorite lip gloss formulations in general. While the Lip Glasses or Dazzle Glasses from MAC tend to be very hit or miss, I've never found a Cremesheen that I haven't been impressed with. They're smooth, creamy, glossy, and have the perfect amount of pigmentation for every day wear. Despite being sticky, all MAC glasses are amazing for being long lasting, but I like how the Cremesheen formulation  manages to be long lasting and 100% smooth.


The packaging isn't anything special: a glass cylinder with a doe-foot applicator. Nothing to like or dislike in particular really.

The color of this really spoke to me (yes, it called out to me). It's a gorgeous, peachy-pink natural sort of color. Perfect for every day! If I'm buying a high-end product, I like it to be something I can use more than once in a while. And this lip gloss is exactly that.


It's opaque enough to see the color, but sheer enough to not overwhelm your lips. It's perfect to layer over a lipstick or to wear alone. I pair this with MAC's Syrup lipstick (like I said before), and it takes the darker, more brown color and makes it lighter and better for the warmer months. Perfection!

MAC Cremesheen Glasses are available wherever MAC is sold (counters, free-standing stores, or online) and retail for $20 each. If you're looking for a new MAC gloss to add to your collection, I highly recommend this one!

What's your perfect, everyday lip gloss color?
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment